CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Why I hate Romania

Ok...So I am going to get gas today after work and to save time I pull out my debit card. It says enter pin...I do...Pin incorrect...WHAT THE &^%$ so I try again...pin incorrect...more curse words. I go inside and explain...the guy says I will swipe it here. I say ok...he says ummmm...its not accepting it. I was shocked and said fine I will pay cash. (knowing that everyone behind me in line thinks I am an irresponsible twit). I pump my gas and start to drive home. I call my telephone banking thing to check my balances...plenty o money. So I call the bank and tell them what is going on. The lady puts me on hold and comes back after 5 minutes or so. She asks if I have been vacationing in Romania lately. (HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!) I reply with the calmest no i can muster. She puts me back on hold again. to make a long story short they had to cancel my debit card and re-issue a new one. Fortunately they didn't get any of my money.

2 comments:

hr said...

I was wondering why you hate Romania after your message yesterday and I'm still wondering. Did the country of Romania try to buy something with your debit card?

Sorry you're out of the loop with the moving possibility thing. (I can just hear you now, "If she'd ever call me back..."). If we move, and it's looking quite possible, it would be to the Green Bay area. TTX is the company Doug's brother works for. They are getting another plane and will need another pilot. Doug knows the chief pilot well and has an unofficial offer at this point. We're hoping to find out more info. next week. I would HATE to leave my job and Bloomington, but if it's best for our family, then it would be hard to pass up. That and the fact that Delta has announced hundreds of furloughs and soon-to-be pay cuts.

We're keeping everything on the really "down low" for know so that no one in Bloomington finds out and so that no one in Door County gets their hopes up.

If we do move, I wouldn't be going anywhere until the end of the school year, but we're guessing it would be a lot sooner for Doug. That would also suck.

Anyway, it is very much on our minds and we are making miles of pro and con lists.

Prayers are much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

holy crap!!!!!!!!! WOW...I need to move to Green Bay too then! I don't wanna be out of the loop. HMMMM time to find a job for ken in GB.

Amy, Kerry Harris has emailed me trying to get a hold of you and asks that I give you her cell number. She has HUGE news apparently. The number is 940.367.4116 So yeah, ummm thats all for now.

Kristin